Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ang Pao Party and Coffee Bean

We had our Ang Pao Party yesterday. You would think that it would be organised by people who are the kind to give out Ang Paos. But no, these two guys made it happen!



Iggy and Oliver


It was a change to have these two to organise a Chinese event. But hey, I was eager to see the event. Actually, for some reason I had the image of the event becoming something like this





It would be interesting to see the Lion Dance drums playing while a guy and a girl would be running around the green hills - with a bunch of donno who running around with them. Spinning around trees and rolling around everywhere, and suddenly she gets pregnant.


But good thing it wasn't like that. I think that the event was well planned and i think they both did a good job. I'm sure everyone who went to the party had a swell time.Well, I did.

During the party there we lots of interesting games being played. There was this game where two guys had to stand on a newspaper without the feet touching the floor. The catch is that the newspaper will be folded in to half each round. I paired up with Fergarsan. And we manage to reach to the semi-finals. This was how we did during one of the rounds.





I tell you, he was younger than me but he carried me. I felt so useless! Shouldn't I be the one being like this and carrying him instead??

I should've been like this!!





Supposed to be me

If like this carry two people at a time also can! sure win one!

Well it was pretty fun. That Fergarsan was strong. He carried me for a few minutes and was still smiling all the way. Which makes me realise, crap! i must be so underweight!

This is bad. I really need to do something about my weight. Younger people are carrying me with ease and that shouldn't be the case!


Then there were some sharing and dinner. After the event, a few of us decided to go for some minum at Coffee Bean. It was rare for the few of us to go for supper together but it was enjoyable.



from left- Angeline, Oliver, Iggy, Sui Li, Kam Fwei


Angeline and I shared a Malibu Dream (strawberry/Banana) . We were curious. I thought it has an 'interesting' taste at the beginning, but she liked it. "Tastes like yogurt" she says. But not bad lah.

We left at 1 plus. Tired but satisfied.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eh that first pic of Iggy made him look so old ler! Like someone's grandpa only hehe

oh ur right, u should be looking like the one in that pic, so u and Fergie can still be in the same team, and go up to the final round! Haha

btw, that malibu dream was excellent ok! not just 'not bad' ah! >.<

Kevanphua said...

kakaka that pic is from John Reuben. Nice mar. Ive never gotten to see that look from him before. I wonder who was the one who took that pic of him. lol.

nice meh Malibu Dream. I dont like the starting taste. The strawberry taste la! But the banana was good.

Next time im gonna order coffee HAHA!

Justin said...

Congratulations, you have successfully posted your SECOND post of the blog. Thats a huge achievement. Shall we have a cake? Come la, we go have Malibu Dream together and we share share one straw. Can mar? Hie hie.

Anyway, never thought you were the type to come up with such posts. Keep it up and it should surely generate more activity. Now if only you started in when you were in college...

Okay friend, I'm going back to my (stupid) assignment. Don't dream of Malibu too much.

Kevanphua said...

Eh Justin,

I was surprised you actually read my blog the same day i told you. So, assignments due today right? Completed them yet?

Btw, we should find a longer road la. Yesterday's drag race all disrupted by cars. Surprisingly your car was able to keep up with mine. Hehe!

Oliver said...

Eh where u got my picture from huh?
Glad u enjoyed the party...

Kevanphua said...

Hey Oliver,

Got it from your friendster la. You only had 3 pictures. So no choice.

Btw, my mom said you should dye your hair brownish. (like how u look in the picture), Like Ang Moh she says

Anonymous said...

Wakaka. Underweight! XP

Anonymous said...

ooohhh...Kevan has a blog. Cool! heheheh keep it up ya

Kevanphua said...

Eh the main issue isnt about my weight. its about the party, yea! the party!


btw, who's cbb?