Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Journey to work

As most of you guys know, I live in Ampang and I work in Puchong. It is approximately 40km one way. Including the jams, traffic lights, and slow drivers etc., it takes a little more than 1 hour to get work.

As most of you also know, I am not a fast driver, ho ho ho. I drive within the speed limit, ho ho ho. But still, by going through this for almost a year, I am pretty much gotten used to long distance drivings and have mastered the stress-handling-during-traffic-jams art!



Leaving my house

Early in the morning when I leave my house, I think I leave expression-less. Probably I'll look like a zombie. When I start driving, I think me and most drivers will have this same expression.


What am I doing up at this hour..


If you don't believe me, why don't you try observing tomorrow. But the thing is, not many have pleasant drives to work. I am one of them. For Instance , it can be really relaxing at the start. Smooth driving.


clear road

But then as regular drivers, we all know which spot will the jam will start. Also there are those traffic lights which tend to change to red in the morning faster than any other time of the day.


Lousy traffic lights

I really don't have the patience to wait. When I see red lights, I cant help but to go


lousy red light!



To get to work, I need to use a highway. I actually prefer driving on the highway than being in city streets. I prefer the smooth cruising, wide lanes, fast driving and I have low stress level (until I see the toll booth)


Entering the highway

Like I mentioned earlier, experienced drivers know almost all of the jam spots. The anticipation of seeing the piled up cars can be tormenting. But then we have to just go head on to face it.

Some of us kill time by actually looking at billboards at the side of the road while driving. I personally don't event realise they were there until I took this photo.

Billboards at the side of the highway

Then here comes the best part. Yeah, the jam



It is really unfair that most of the time, the jam somehow only happens on your side of the road. Not the other side, but my side!


Unfair scenery


And it doesn't happen only once




Almost everyone by now would be highly uptight. Angry and frustrated.



Stupid la! Why my road always jam one!


But you know, through some turn of events, life is fair


Ahh, what bliss


Not to be a sour grape but,


Justice prevails


Things can be interesting for me when I spot some nice cars on the road. For example I saw this today




I think he did it quite well. Not the common souped up Perdanas you see daily.

I manage to snap this picture just before I reach my office. I like it




There is a poll at the side of this page. Please vote yea. Also, leave a comment if you have something to say. But nothing about me looking like a chimpanzee ok!


8 comments:

EDITH said...

oh ya... u not a fast driver!! haha...

Anonymous said...

u slow driver? since wen huh

Kevanphua said...

eh really la i don't speed one..

Its just that i dont want to block traffic

Anonymous said...

Suprise!!! so wu liao then saw john's blog then linked to urs .. :p i like the way u blog.. funny n interesting but was just wondering were u taking photos and driving at the same time all the way??

Justin Yap said...

funny...and I'm still wondering why you said you're a slow driver.

Kevanphua said...

Hey Joy,

Thanks. Lol it was really hard snapping pics while driving. I had to take a few pictures and choose the best one

Hey Justin,

Ive added you in my blog already.

Anonymous said...

wei, dun simply post pic with ppl's car number plate la... normally ppl will mosaic it.. :)

Kevanphua said...

haha actually y cannot ah?

I was kinda lazy so aiya dont care la lol