Friday, February 15, 2008

Chinese New Year

This is the first successful attempt I've made by starting to blog.

It actually took me quite awhile to reach this part where I can create my post. Actually, I created an account from last time, but when i tried logging in, it failed.

So with numerous trials and frustration, I'm here!

So anyway, I'll start my first post by talking about my Chinese New Year.

This year, my family and I decided to go back to Kuantan. I had my new car, well okay, 1 year old, and I was eager to test it on this journey. So I offered to drive there.

We left around 8pm and it was a 3 hour-ish journey. We left at the eve so that we could beat all the traffic. this was my first time driving so far(240km) and I didn't know what to expect. Would my legs cramp? Would I be sleepy? How terrible are highway drivers? The furthest I drove was actually to Malacca (?km) so I was anxiously excited.

We reached safely.

After unloading the things from the car, we went to our rooms. This is how my room looks.

It really has that kampung look and I enjoy it.

Later, we got hungry and we decided to head for some satay nearby.

Personally, I dont see why people are so crazy over satay. I eat 5 sticks and i get jelak. Maybe someone can actually tell me what's so special about satay. Can't even comprehand how ang mohs can eat like 30 sticks. Anyway, I was looking around for other food that I can order and I spotted burung puyoh. Haha! I ordered it and so did my brother. And it came looking like this



LOL some people are just so creative. It tasted quite good because it was freshly fried. But donnola, I thought it tasted abit 'off'. Tasted kinda.. birdy? But my brother didn't think it was. lol

We finished our food and left. And we slept.

This is how the house looks like during the day. Thats my car.

And the hall

and the backyard where I pull this lazy chair here to have my naps. Very breezy I tell you! Better than fan. But I'm not used to this chair. I end up waking up with line marks all over my body. oh thats part of my mom at the bottom. She reads there too.


Also, there's this cat where it always roams at the backyard. It was so cute that my brother and I likes disturbing playing with her. She likes rubbing herself on your arms, legs, and ..places..

Here 's me with the cat

Here's my brother with the cat

And you know, she has that 'Puss-In-Boots' type of eyes! It was to die for! Don't believe me, take a look at this!


You can't help but to go "awwwww..."


We went to the beach. Kuantan's beach is so commercialized. Drive-thru McDonalds, KFC, food courts, shops and more everywhere. Even the floor is paved. They're beautiful.




At night, it is even packed with people.




Its something like going to Petalling Street with stalls all around. But here, instead of having stalls, you can find this


Thats right, live drawings! There are about 4-5 of them. I was so impressed because it looks real! And its really cheap too. RM20 for a live image and RM30 for photo drawing.

I tell you I was so tempted to ask them to draw me, but dowanla, paiseh la let people look at you. Somemore how to smile for like 20 minutes. If you don't smile, your drawing would look like your funeral picture.Haha. Better give picture. But unfortunately I didn't have any.

Well, next time when I go back to Kuantan, I'll be sure to bring some photos with me


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really nice to see u blogging. Interesting post, now I know more about ur kampung. Nicee. U drove there! haha. Keep the posts comin. cheers