Friday, March 21, 2008

How Ive been

First and foremost, I wanna apologize for not updating my blog as often as I did for the past weeks. Actually the main reason behind it is because I started my new job beginning of this week.

Im still getting a hang of this new environment. Well, let me describe my new job. Firstly, it is a semiconductor factory in Ulu Klang, near UKRC where most of us youth play football there every Sunday (except me lah he he he!) Im an engineer in this company and I just started my 'real' work today ( tell you more after this)

The good thing about this company is that, it is NEAR! and comparatively to both my previous companies, this is like 1/5 of the journey (Oliver is gonna start pulling his hair right about now). It takes me about 15-20mins to get to work!

So far, for the one week, I've been in orientation up to yesterday (Thursday). I had to listen to seminars, talks, and I had to take tests! I thought I'd never have to take anymore tests. The other guy said, "Long time haven't felt like this since Uni Ha Ha" So like that lah, everyday classes. So today I was assigned to a project and I enjoy my project. Got motivation!

Another motivation is that, I work 5 days a week and, on Fridays my work ends at 4.30pm! (now most working folks will want to pull my hair right about now). So I get to skip all the hectic Friday jams( I had enough of them). Thats also why I can update my blog now :)

Anyways, before all of us pull out all our hair, let me talk about something else.

Just the other day, I went to Justin Yap (senior) house to meet up for dinner for Bernard's farewell. Then outside, I spotted 2 baby birds at the side of the road. Shivering. It was raining earlier and I guess it must have fell off from its nest. I tried stroking them but they look terrified. I thought I'll just leave them as they are. Then Sher-Mayne said, "Last time Justin and I tried to save one baby sparow also by trying to put it back to its nest. But somehow the other birds pushed it out from the nest because the baby sparow had the human scent already"

DIE!!! I touched both of them! Then I thought, okla! save one la. So, found a container, put some tissue paper and tucked him in. Then we all went for dinner. The baby bird was left in the car. Warm mah!

After dinner, back in Justin's house, we tried feeding it maggi noodles cos it looks like worms. But the fella didnt want to eat it. Instead, by saying thanks, it pooped on my hand!


Boiling the 'worms'


I tell you it was so tough getting that little thing to eat. Probably also it was very scared lar.


Good thing this humongous poo didnt kena me


We manage to get a video of me at my lame attempt at trying to feed that little bird.





It still refuses to eat. I was worried that it may die when I leave it at home while im at work. Since no one else also can take care of it, I had to leave it outside and hopefully its mom will come save it. By the way, internet said that the human scent thing is just a myth. And that we should leave the birds alone whenever this happens cos its mom will come save them.

I wonder how the bird is doing now. Oh, before going for dinner, I actually named it... Birdy

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehehe....actually i'm not pulling anything cos i like where i work and so far i don't really get stuck at traffic jam la

so nope i'm happy with my working place.......

Anonymous said...

texas instruments ah? lol

kesian birdy...go buy bird food for it?

Kevanphua said...

To oliver,

Ha Ha, well its good that you're contented with your job. Another thing is that, im not sure if u are driving to work already? are u ka?

To jonathan chia,

Lol nola the fella is too young for bird food. And now also i donno mana my birdy sudah pergi (erm.. sounds wrong when i put it this way, does it?)

Melody On said...

hey u should dig the ground and find earthworms mah! haha last time i used to dig for a lot a lot of earthworms i think around 40+ maybe.. to fertile the ground.

Oliver said...

yes i'm driving to work....ahhhh the joy.............

Kevanphua said...

Mel,

Eh cannot feed it earthworms lar. The internet said that he may be too young.

Oliver,

So, ur car's mobile swimming pool fixed d la i suppose? how much did it cost ah?

Melody On said...

LOL.. ok i didn't know.. oops.. then i wonder what mama birds feed their child..

Oliver said...

all fixed not sure but sure cos 1000+

Kevanphua said...

mel,

I think mama birds feed baby birds vomit... or i know thats what eagles do.

Oli,

1k????? crap! what did the fella change??

Melody On said...

lol then u chew da worm until like babies' porridge then feed it

Kevanphua said...

Yer disgusting.. imagine how would the worms explode when u chew them..

Melody On said...

lol ya, joking nyla =)

Anonymous said...

updates on birdy...

after we cruelly left birdy out in the cold cold night, things got worse, it rained... but we were sound asleep so didn't know it rained and hence, didn't rescue it.

next morning i checked on birdy, thought it was dead.. mana tau, still alive!! strong feller.. neighbour's maid gave me bird seeds, he did't eat (or couldn't eat). tried to feed it water, it did't drink... so i left it in a shoe box lined with tissue with a bottle cap of water and some bird seeds on top of the van. 4 hours later, a friend saw birdy jump and flap flap a little. landed on the ground and hid under some shrubs. Could see it but too far in to reach... at about 8pm, birdy was still there. 2am heard some cats... next morning, birdy was no where to be found... So i consoled myself by saying its mom must have found it...

Kevanphua said...

oh no.. birdy's cat food... okay, its my turn to console myself. Birdy's mom came to the rescue.

Kevanphua said...

Yor kesian la the helpless bird.. Eh sher, thanks for helping