Saturday, March 15, 2008

Sad tale of my car

As the title says, this is a really sad story for me from all the unfortunate events during this whole week.

Wednesday. Dad and bro went to watch a movie. So my mom and I had take dinner on our own. I drove and we decided to goto Watan to a roadside chinese stall. When we were reaching the place, we saw pasar malam. Crap, which means that the stall would be closed. Lousy pasar malam would occupy the road, leaving no place for the stall.

So, we had to turn back. In order to turn back, I had to do a 3-point-turn. So okay lah! no problem. As I went for the first point, driving slowly I heard.. crocccck!! It came from my car's front skirt. Reversed to check..crocccck!! again! I rushed out to check... it had crack all the way down. Argh! my skirting!! And the thing that broke it was a rock a size of a football! I didnt see it. Two pieces of my skirting dangling at my car bumper now. Then, I thought nevermind la, after dinner I'll use super glue or something to patch them back.

We then headed to another place for dinner and when we got back home, to my horror I saw that one part of the skirting had fell off somewhere while I was driving! gone! how to stick them back?? I didnt think it could fall off! Now my car looks weird. Like Boh-Geh (hokkien: no teeth) like that.


Boh-Geh car


Just my luck. But this is just one of it. The second part is, for the past 1-2 weeks, my car has been producing this annoying noise "wrrroooonnnggg" whenever I drive past 40km/h. The loudness will increase with speed and so it is especially loud when I hit the highways. Imagine, its so loud it sounded like I changed my exhaust!

The third thing is, my Proton's superior power window died. On the driver's side. You know, I had always laughed at people who had to open their door to pay toll and how they had to twist and turn their arms to reach the toll collector's hand... I had to do it now and so I always go for the last toll booth so people dont catch me opening my door and perform snake-like moves with my arm. ugh..

So I planned to take my car to repair it on Friday since i wasn't working on that day. Brought my car to the Proton Service Center in Taman Kosas and mentioned about the power window and noise. My dad had earlier said that it could be the wheel bearings that caused the noise. Told the mechanic about the problem and he suspected that it was from the front wheels. The checked the bearings and suspension but couldnt find any problem. But as for the power window, it was a faulty switch and they replaced it. Good! no more snake arms!

The mechanic said that it must be the tyres causing the noise, and mentioned that it could be the alignment and all and advised me to goto a tyre shop. So, I went and took the tyre mechanic for a spin to let him hear the noise. Straight away he found out that it was the back wheel's bearings making the noise. Nonsense! So, I went back to the service center and told them. So finally they changed the bearings at the back. Wasted my time only.


My car in their mercy


It cost me RM100! crap! I thought if it was cheap, I could replace my skirting which would be around 100 plus. Sigh. Not a chance now..

My poor car will be Boh-Geh for another month.. I, on the other hand will be Boh-Bin ( No face)



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch. U didn't state what caused the damage to ur car's front skirting. Are u gonna replace a same one?

Kevanphua said...

Ha Ha I just added that info. It was a rock. Stupid la. Pricey mistake. Oh im definitely gonna replace it. This time no more fibre glass. Its gonna be plastic lol

Justin Yap said...

plastic surgery for your car.

Kevanphua said...

haha plastic surgery! good one. Yalah, it'll have a 'skirt job' soon!

Justin Yap said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oliver said...

well it could b worse....ur car really will be "without teeth" at lest part only wat.....