Sunday, March 9, 2008

My new Flashlight

I recently read an article in Surefire's Magazine and it inspired me to get a flashlight! ya! A whopping new flashlight!

It was about a married couple who were out late, when suddenly a robber came with a knife and forced them to hand over their belongings. The guy, who had a new Surefire L4 with him flashed the robber with the capability of causing temporary blindness. When blinded, he kicked off the knife from the robber's hand and wrestled him to the ground while his wife went for help.

To me, I was impressed with its ability and I thought to myself, why not get one for safety? You'll never know what will happen right. Why wait for something to happen first? Why not be prepared? Which I did :) I got myself a Fenix L2D. RM175.




I think it looks cool. Metallic black, sleek, heavy and solid. It actually looks like a sniper scope! This sucker is made of aircraft grade aluminum that u can whack someone's eyes off with it!

The brightness of a flashlight is based on the term 'lumens'. The higher the lumens, the brighter. I think most of you would have heard about maglite right? Lets compare.

Mini Maglite

This maglite mini uses 2 AA batteries. With this, it gives out 15 lumens.

However, my L2D which also uses 2 AA batteries gives out an impressive 135 lumens! So now you know how come it causes temporary blindness. Now all those baddies out there, watch out! When I walk alone or see someone suspicious, I am prepared and be on my guard already. But of course, our sense of safety and strength is always primarily from God.

You know, somehow holding this flashlight and switching it on and off kinda make me feel as tho I'm in a movie, like this...


How I imagine myself


But, unfortunately in real life, I look like this...


Some jedi wannabe

Well, my brother was the one who started this flashlight craze in my family. He has a surefire G2. And so does Iggy (yellow colour)


Surefire G2


This one gives 65 lumens if im not mistaken. RM199. However, it shines yellow but mine shines white. Technically yellow light gives better distance and can penetrate through air better. ( same applies to car headlamps). So, even though it is only 80 lumens, it is brighter than mine. Chis


Taken and edited by my brother, Jeremy


Well for those who are starting to get interesting in flashlight after reading this post, watch this video on Fenix vs Surefire vs Maglite





Haha sometimes Im just evil. I like flashing it into people's faces. Even mine. Which in the event, gives me a headache. And after that when I close my eyes, I can see the end of the tunnel ( if u know what I mean..)

Oh I forgotten to add this, but since JR brought it up, yes, i use it as a substitute weapon and since I cant bring out my switch blade and baton, I bring my Flashlight!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to want one of those weapons. Looks really cool and functions even cooler too but can yours flash at a long distance?

Kevanphua said...

Oh ya, it goes quite a distance, you know the 'jungle' in front of my house? Both my brother's Surefire and my Fenix can shine all the way to the back trees :)

Oliver said...

mayb i should get 1....nice weapon in night but.....if it's day time????how to blind the eyes????maybe if hard enough throw at them...will then pengsan?

Kevanphua said...

Eh day time can be quite bright also. But think about it, robbers don't rob in broad daylight right? And even if they do, it'll be in dark places. Which means u still get to use it :)

Anonymous said...

wat abt the incident wit angeline's handbag...the motorcycle guy????

tat happened right or was i mis-informed

Kevanphua said...

Lol that was different la. This one is if the fella is on foot la

Anonymous said...

whoo...sounds nice! but expensive LAH. sigh...

Anonymous said...

eh robbers do rob in broad daylight lar.. i've heard of cases where they rob those ppl eating at the mamak stall n coffee shops during lunch time

Kevanphua said...

Haha, well in that case ah, the flashlight can be bright during the day also la. But of course not so effective la.

And the chances of getting rob during the day is lower la i think